I was so honored when Sunrise Camps contacted me to make a video for all their campers and friends. They recently started their very own YouTube channel, Sunrise on Screens. We thought a Rainbow was the perfect universal symbol to celebrate the many camps and the happiness they provide. Watch the video for the process of making the cake. Here I have listed the equipment and materials you’ll need. Please post below if you have any questions or just to make a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Materials & Equipment:
- 6-inch round cake, filled and crumb coated
- 1.5 pounds of rolled fondant (pink) for cake
- 1 pound split into 6 balls- leave one white, dye the rest for the rainbow
- Black fondant (just a pea size for the clouds eyes and mouth)
- Star cutters (any size) I used 1, 1.5, 2-inch
- Piping tips: #1, #2, #10 and #804
- Pearl Mold (or an extruder or just roll into ropes)
- One 18-gauge cloth-covered wire
- Gum glue or egg whites
- Small brush
- Disco Dust (optional)
You decide for your cake: one cloud or two!
And hopefully you can find a quiet workspace where you won’t be interrupted by little people or others 🙂